One in a daily series on predicting playoff teams in each conference:
TODAY: CLASS AA
1. South Fayette - The defending WPIAL and PIAA champion Lions have reigning P-G Player of the Year Brett Brumbaugh (pictured), a senior QB who likely will break the WPIAL passing record this season. Graduation definitely left some holes, but there is still plenty of talent. Besides Brumbaugh, FB-LB J.J. Walker, TE Logan Sharp and lineman Anthony Davidson were all-conference. Watch for RB Hunter Hayes.
2. Seton-LaSalle - Don't be surprised if the Rebels and first-year coach Damon Rosol make a run at South Fayette. Tyler Perone is back at QB and WR Danzel McKinley-Lewis has committed to Toledo. A number of other starters also return.
3. Quaker Valley - QB Dane Jackson is one of the best dual-threat QBs in Class AA.
4. Steel Valley - DeWayne Murray ran for over 1,000 yards as a freshman.
1. Highlands - A move down from Class AAA should help the Rams. Five starters return on offense and six on defense.
2. Kittanning - The defending conference champion Wildcats feature WR-TE-LB Nick Bowers (pictured). Plus the "Boy Toy" is back - 5-6 quarterback Braydon Toy.
3. Shady Side Academy.
1. Aliquippa - No more Dravon Henry. No more Terry Swanson. But these are still the Quips. Say no more. QB Darrien Fields is back as well as RB-LB Kazeon Pugh.
2. Beaver Falls - The Tigers lost a truckload of seniors, but still will finish near the top of the conference.
4. New Brighton
1. Washington - This conference was weakened a little by Greensburg Central Catholic and Jeannette dropping to Class A. The Little Prexies return five starters on offense and defense, including QB Jonathan Spina.
2. McGuffey - This could be one of McGuffey's best seasons in a while as eight starters return on both offense and defense. QB Nate Whipkey is back and James Duchi is a 1,000-yard rusher.
3. Mount Pleasant - Only three starters return on both offense and defense, but the playoffs still are in the Vikings' future.
4. Charleroi - The Cougars are under new coach Donnie Militzer and could be playoff bound.