See below from the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra:
PITTSBURGH – Music aficionados and fans of the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra will once again have the opportunity to gain an "insider's view" of the orchestra this season through Music 101, a series of informal lunchtime lectures. Presented by the Pittsburgh Symphony Association (PSA), Music 101 gives attendees the chance to interact with and learn from symphony musicians, conductors, composers and key staff.
This season's schedule of presenters includes:
· Oct. 10—Michael Rusinek, Clarinet: "Clarinet Colors"
· Nov. 6—Tatjana Mead Chamis, Viola: "Inner Voice"
· Feb. 19—Robert Moir, Artistic Planning: "Adventures in Programming"
· March 20—Rebecca Cherian, Trombone: "From the Back Row"
· May 7—Noah Bendix-Balgley, Concertmaster: "Concertmaster: The Symphony's Quarterback"