MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen held his weekly Tuesday press conference.
Here's what the ol' coach had to say: (The first draft got deleted, accidentally, so here's an abridged version. We'll have the full transcript up later.)
• Andrew Buie, West Virginia's leading returning rusher, will redshirt this fall. Buie wasn't listed on the depth chart released Sunday. Holgorsen said, "He's just gonna develop mentally and physically, and we're going to leave it at that."
• Last week, the first full week of school, was full of "mini-distractions," so it's good to be in a game-week setting now.
• Preparing for William and Mary, 2-9 last season -- "They're a lot better than how they ended last year." The Tribe will be sound on defense and will try to eat away the clock on offense. West Virginia will begin prep for William and Mary during practice today. Holgorsen gave no indication that he would try to "save" or "hide" anything this week in preparation for Oklahoma. "We've got to figure out what we do well, what we're all about."
• No update on quarterback situation. "At this point [Paul Millard and Clint Trickett] have done nothing to warrant not being quarterback."
• Injury report: Kevin White (questionable, foot), Mario Alford (questionable, foot), Shaq Petteway (season-ending, ACL), Nana Kyeremeh (season-ending, shoulder), Adam Pankey (unknown, knee).
• The plan is to redshirt: Buie, Shelton Gibson, d'Vante Henry, Isaac McDonald, Darrien Howard (likely), Malik Greaves, Ellijah Wellman, Jacky Marcellus, Stone Underwood, Marcell Lazard, Tyler Tezeno, Grant Lingafelter.