In case you were wonderin'
* Talking to some Aliquippa folks and coaches last night, there is a chance Troy Jeter might not be done for the season. He has a slight tear in his ACL, and he might be able to come back at some point later in the season.
Jeter is one of the Quips' top players, but sustained the injury this summer. They are still pretty good without him.
* I've always got a kick out of the comments sometimes from Aliquippa coach Mike Zmijanac. After falling behind, 27-0, last night, Beaver Falls came back and made things interesting in the second half, losing by only 27-14. Afterward, Zmijanac said, "We knew they wouldn't quit in this game," Zmijanac said. "There are some punks in some areas that might quit, but not down in this [Beaver County] area."
* Zmijanac on Beaver Falls: "They remind me of us last year. They're playing a lot of juniors and they're going to be real good by the end of the year."
* Zmijanac on his team: "The idea is to get better every week, and I think we will. If you don't get better every week then you're at home during the playoffs, sipping wine and belly-aching to your wife."
* Rod Frisco does predictions for top games around the state. Good stuff. Check it out.