By Colin Dunlap | 5:06 p.m. Wednesday
Spent most of the time at Florida State's practice today, speaking to coach Bowden and working on a neat piece for tomorrow's Post-Gazette about a guy you will come to really like --- Billy Smith.
Anyway, just to give you an idea, here is what Bowden is faced with each time he talks:
A few things from FSU practice:
- Quarterback EJ Manuel is a lot, lot, lot taller than I anticipated.
- The 'Noles worked on special teams a lot.
- They had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more people hanging around their practice than West Virginia did. And I am not talking about media-type people, I am talking about booster/fan type folks. In relation to West Virginia, it was probably 10 to 1.
- Bowden, as always, is gracious with every single question people ask him, even the dumb ones.
After spending a little time at Florida State's practice, we shot over to West Virginia's where these debonair Gator Bowl committee gentlemen were standing around as part of the green jacket club:
At West Virginia practice, I actually had to do a radio hit back in Pittsburgh whilst standing on the practice field. You can hear it here:
As for the practice, pretty non-eventful (which was good).
- Stewart spoke of how crisp it has been.
- West Virginia still keeps relishing this underdog thing.
- Everyone seems very healthy, it is like opening day to a large degree.