So it looks like, on the day after Thanksgiving, the Post-Gazette's Ron Cook knew what he was talking about when he wrote this piece and said:
Somebody needs to take a picture of the postgame handshake between Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt and West Virginia's Bill Stewart today. It should be the last of its kind. Chances are the losing coach will be fired after the season.
Ron Cook ended up being correct. Dave Wannstedt lost that game --- and he was fired on Tuesday.
OK, that is all in the past. Now, let us look at the future, and I want to ask you a question --- a few questions, actually.
Here you go:
* With Wannstedt gone, what does it mean to West Virginia recruiting overall? If anything?
* With Wannstedt gone, what does it mean to West Virginia recruiting in western Pennsylvania in particular?
* As a West Virginia fan, what sort of coach -- and you can name names if you like -- do you fear coming in at Pitt?
* As a West Virginia fan, what sort of coach -- and you can name names -- would you love to see Pitt hire because you would be certain that system, or that guy, couldn't be successful against the Mountaineers.
* Quite simply, did Dave Wannstedt get treated well? Should this have been the direction Pitt have gone? And, with Wannstedt and Pitt going through this divorce or sorts, does it change the way you look at Bill Stewart's future at West Virginia?