By Colin Dunlap | 2:06 a.m. Wednesday
• Matchup: Duquesne (9-4) vs. Old Dominion (8-4)
7 p.m. today
Constant Center, Norfolk, Va.
• Radio, Internet: KQV-AM (1410); GoDuquesne.com.
• Duquesne: Coming off an eight-day layoff, as the Dukes last played Dec. 22, an 86-56 win against Saint Francis (Pa.) at home. ... This will be the final non-conference game of the season for the Dukes. ... As of yesterday Damian Saunders leads the nation in double-doubles with 10 and is ranked third in the country in rebounds per game (13.1), first in steals per game (3.1) and tied for sixth in blocked shots per game (3.2).
• Old Dominion: Enters the game leading the nation in scoring defense, yielding 53.9 point per game. ... The Monarchs are 6-0 at home this season and defeated Atlantic 10 member Charlotte in a game in which Old Dominion led by as many as 37. Charlotte entered that game with a 9-1 record. ... Paced by Gerald Lee, a 6-foot-10 junior, who is averaging 13.7 points per game.
· Hidden stat: Old Dominion's 119 wins in the past five seasons are the most of any Division I school in Virginia.
*Note: Obviously, because I am in Jacksonville with West Virginia football, I will not be at this game. But, the Post-Gazette has hired a Norfolk-area writer and we should have a full game story from that person for Thursday's editions of the paper and the web. Just wanted to give you a heads up and also head off anyone who was wondering if I got stuck in the snow and didn't make it.