Finally caught up on sleep and work from Monday night ... here's some good stuff to tide you over until the weekend ...
FINAL THOUGHTS ON MONDAY NIGHT
- The Steelers continue to beat up the "big, bad" Bawlmer Ravens ...
- Big Ben for O-Coordinator ...
- The Stache Report.
- The View from 522.
- Free Big Ben!
- Another terrific video from Jim Shearer. Great recap, but the O-Line song is priceless ...
INTEL FROM ALLTEL (err ... Jacksonville Municipal Stadium)
- Richard Collier update. We wish him well and that those responsible are brought to swift and harsh justice.
- Bruce Arians not the only coordinator under fire on the sideline this Sunday.
- Jags/Steelers scouting report plus Q&A with David Garrard.
- Byron Leftwich's return to Jacksonville stirs some hard feelings.
- Big Ben should be a Jag??
- Steeler blogger Christmas Ape goes BIG TIME. You're a bad man Mikey. You're a bad, bad man.
- Game simulation doesn't go well for the Steelers.
- Some Jags blogs (there aren't many): Jaguars Locker; Black & Teal;
IF YOU'RE GOING ...
When the Steelers visit Jacksonville there is always a huge contingent of Steelers fans on hand. If you plan on heading down south, we got a note from the folks at JAXBAG about a big party weekend they're planning along with the Steel City Mafia. Check it out:
Come one...come all! This will be the Steelers party of the year! Oct 3-5 will
have lots of events related to the Steelers big game in Jacksonville. It begins
on Friday, October 3 with a charity softball game between members of Jags Nation
against members of J.A.X.B.A.G. and Steelers Nation at University of North Florida's Harmon with the events to kick off at about 7:15 with the singing of the
followed by and a first pitch from a child suffering from Cystic Fibrosis.
All proceeds from this event will benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Jacksonville.
Saturday is the pep rally to top all pep rally's. It will be at our HQs at Chicago Pizza and Sports Grill on Philips Highway and Baymeadows Road. Greg Lloyd will be at the event signing autographs and there will be a charity dunk tank named "Dunk-A-Steelers Fan." All proceeds from the day benefit of Urban Jacksonville. There will be a "Myron Cope Impersonation Contest" with prizes and a "Best Costume of the Day" with prizes awarded as well.
The weekend ends of course with the NBC of the Week between our Steelers and the Jags and there will be tons of Black and Gold faithful in town that weekend and tailgating early on Sunday.
We hope to see you that weekend!
Harvey "Mr. Steeler" Aronson
VP & Director of Operations
Jacksonville Black and Gold
Also, check out this video of the Jacksonville club they sent us last year ...
ODDS & ENDS
- The Steelers are very popular in Pittsburgh. Shocking.
- A full season projection for the Steelers based on the first four games. Good stuff even though almost none of it will hold up.
- Aggregate of Steelers' power rankings.
- NFL.com's Nick Bakay doesn't like the Steelers throwbacks. We couldn't disagree more. Those jerseys rule.