Aside from having to deal with the typical security rigamarole at Heinz Field, you'll want to get to your seats early for a bunch of pregame things that the team has planned for Sunday's fray with the Bengals ...
- As Ed Bouchette noted on his blog on PG+ earlier this week, Hall of Famer Joe Greene will receive the Clio Award, the highest award in advertising, in honor of the 30th anniversary of his famous Coca-Cola commercial.
- Astronaut Mike Fincke will present to Steelers’ President Art Rooney II a Terrible Towel that he flew in space during the team’s Super Bowl XLIII run last season. A photo of Fincke with his Terrible Towel in space made national news, and Blog 'N' Gold has a link to the video of Fincke and his weightless wave from back in January.
- In honor of Veterans Day, the Steelers will honor military veterans with a war veteran representing the following wars: Pearl Harbor Survivor and WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Desert Storm War and the Iraq War.
- Also in honor of Veterans Day, the Steelers along with Operation Once in a Lifetime will welcome a group of wounded warriors. The U.S. Army soldiers were injured in combat and have received a Purple Heart for their injuries.
- The VFW of Meadville Post 2006 will serve as the Color Guard in honor of Veterans Day.
- Tamara Tunie, star of the hit TV series Law & Order: SVU, will sing the national anthem. Tunie is the sister-in-law to Steelers’ alum Greg Hawthorn
- And finally, in what will surely be an incredibly stirring sight (and sound), the Strike Fighter Squadron 213, The Fighting Blacklions, stationed at Naval Air Station Oceana, Va., will perform a flyover prior to kickoff.
This'll get you ready for some football ...