Clint Eastwood has a very loyal following in Pittsburgh, or at least among readers of the Post-Gazette's website. In our poll about Oscar snubs (now winding down), Eastwood's failure to score a nod for "Gran Torino" led all others, including no nomination for "The Dark Knight."
No Batman was second with the lack of a Bruce Springsteen nomination for "The Wrestler" song, third.
When MovieTickets.com asked moviegoers to name its biggest snub, this is how its voting broke down:
1. No Best Picture nomination for "Dark Knight," 46 percent.
2. No actor nomination for Eastwood, 28 percent.
3. No actor nomination for Leonardo DiCaprio for "Revolutionary Road," 11 percent.
4. No directing nomination for "Dark Knight" helmer Christopher Nolan, 8 percent.
5. No song nomination for Springsteen, 7 percent.