By Colin Dunlap | 12:35 a.m. Wednesday
In Wednesday's editions of the Post-Gazette, there is a follow-up story about the happenings of the past few days within the athletic department (i.e. the cutting of four sports).
For one golfer, the reality seems to be setting in that the sports are on the way out and aren't coming back, which is the main crux of the story.
Although everyone within the Duquesne athletic department is still refusing comment on the matter beyond the news release that was sent out Monday evening, there are a few pieces of new news to come out of the situation that previously were not reported:
- The department sent out an Express Mail letter, which reached homes Tuesday, informing all of the families who have children directly affected by the cuts.
- The father of a swimmer -- who spoke to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette under the condition that he remained anonymous for fear of reprisal against his son -- said he called the Duquesne athletic department Tuesday morning to speak with athletic director Greg Amodio but was told Amodio was "traveling with the men's basketball team." The men's basketball team is not scheduled to leave until today for its Thursday game at Xavier.
- The media members gathered for coach Ron Everhart's press availability -- which also included Jason Duty and Melquan Bolding -- were specifically instructed to ask only questions that pertained directly to Duquesne basketball or the upcoming Xavier game.