By Colin Dunlap | 12:30 a.m. Monday
OK, Backyard Brawl week is here.
It will be, undoubtedly, my busiest week of the season and I just wanted to give you a brief thumbnail of what to expect from the West Virginia coverage angle of the 102nd meeting of Pitt and the Mountaineers.
- There is a story in the paper and on the web this morning (Monday) asking this question: How is the West Virginia offensive line, that has been up and down all season, going to deal with Pitt's D-Line, one of the best front fours in all of college football?
- Check this blog in the afternoon later today for full audio and notes from coach Bill Stewart's 12:30 p.m. press conference.
- Check this blog late tonight for notes and audio from the West Virginia players. They have an availability tonight at 5:30 p.m.
- The weekly 7 points with Rasheed Marshall feature will change formats this week. As opposed to its normal, written format, Rasheed and I will sit down and do it as a video this week. He is planning on joining me to film it Tuesday afternoon at Post-Gazette world headquarters, so I would assume the video will be uploaded to this blog by late afternoon Tuesday.
- Paul Zeise -- our Pitt football beat writer --- and myself will have a joint chat session sometime on Wednesday. As soon as we hash out the precise time, I will pass it along.
- In addition to the blog and web extras, remember, I am also a writer. That said, there was that piece on the offensive line today and I plan to write (as I always do) every day this week about the team. The planned topics, at this point, are: 1.) What does the Backyard Brawl mean to Western Pa. recruiting? 2.) There's a guy on the West Virginia team who really knows Pitt quarterback Bill Stull. 3.) West Virginia coach Bill Stewart has a solid record since the interim tag has been removed -- but he is still looking for that signature win. He didn't get it at Cincinnati last game and this provides another opportunity.
- All the above stuff is in advance of the game. Obviously, this blog will have a heavy gameday presence as well. I plan to get to Morgantown early and post live updates with pictures, etc. all day.
So, there you go. That is a sampling of what you can expect this week from the West Virginia angle.
It should be a wonderful week of anticipation and then, I am of the opinion it will be a tight game. I just wanted to give you a heads up as to all this blog, and my coverage, will offer. So, that said, check back often.