.. see below:
Nonetheless, a terrific game last night between the Birds and the Boys, without a doubt one of the most entertaining non-Steeler MNF games we've seen in quite some time. It was like a college game between BYU and Hawaii -- high scoring, wide open and all deep passing. This weekend's fray should be a war of attrition with both teams coming off of tough road outings with divisional foes -- the Eagles on the losing end of last night's shootout; the Steelers surviving a soggy Sunday night slugfest. So what can you do? Find an Eagles fan, and ANNOY THEM.
While its generally regarded that Patriots fans are the scourge of the NFL, that's only because Eagles fans haven't won anything ... well, ever. If the Eagles had any success whatsoever, their fans would be intolerable. They are a salty race, those Philadelphians. Trust me, I lived with a bunch in college. Take the overall bitterness of Bostonians, add a major New York City inferiority complex then multiply it by Pennsylvania's bad weather and traffic on the Sure-Kill, and take that to a power of failing on the big stage and you'll get Eagles fans.
Oh, And it wouldn't hurt to bring this up either.
More Browns game post-mortem:
- First of all, we'd be remiss to not again thank the Pittsburgh Browns Backers for their hospitatlity on Sunday and for being a fun bunch to hang out with. Dogfather Robert Cobb was a teriffic host -- be sure to check out his blog -- and guide for our video.
- Akron Beacon-Journal columnist Patrick McManamon says Browns fans should just give up and embrace the Steelers.
- Speaking of those who embraced the Steelers, the video we posted yesterday of the Browns fan who lost a bet and had to publicly throw his allegience to the Steelers disappeared, which is too bad, because it was quite funny. Well, that's OK because co-worker Troy Piekarski turned us onto the video awesomeness of Jim Shearer, and his YinzLuvDaStillers weekly videos. Check out his recap of the Browns game (and go to his site and check out the old ones too):
- Vote for your Steeler of the week.
- Celebrate Cleveland's incompetance.
- The Good, the bad & the ugly from the game.
- BTSC gives typically detailed analysis of the game.
- A couple of new blogs to check out: The Blitzburgh Blog and Steelers Today, both of which have a lot of funny original content, and good analysis.
- PSAMP finds YouTube of a classic interview with The Chief.
- In the recurring items department, Sportsocracy finds YouTube of a WTAE interview with Agnes Falls. You'll remember her from her as the 90-year-old woman who got a Steelers tattoo for her birthday.
- Steeler Fury says its all about survival.