... try telling that to the 0-6 Cincinnati Bengals, who will take the field against your Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday.
We aren't going to abide any talk of a "trap game" here, because the Bengals are as bad of a football team as can be right now. Big Ben, whom you may have heard has never lost in Ohio is not going to have that streak broken by this band of palookas, especially not a team led by Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Fitzpatrick is a Harvard grad, and could probably smoke Big Ben in a spelling contest -- it was even rumored that Fitzpatrick got a perfect score on the Wonderlic test, though that's been debunked (see what you'd get) -- but on the gridiron? Fail.
Add to that a running attack led by uber-failure Cedric Benson, and mopey Chad Funfunachtzig, who's act has gone from harmless and entertaining to T.O. levels of narcissism.
Bengals fans, already preparing for the economic downturn, are selling their tickets in droves, as well as talking about the 2009 draft. Some Bengals fans will attend, and all two of them are nervous about the invasion of Steelers fans.
Nothing has been quite the same in the Jungle since that fateful playoff game against the Steelers in 2006, as SteelerTribute explains. In fact, some Cincy bloggers think they're worse than the Lions.
This has to be a real drag for Queen City fans, who probably thought they'd be on the way to hoisting their third straight Lombardi Trophy this season. In fact it's so bad that Cincinnati's mayor is begging fans to go to the games, and Bengals fans are begging to be adopted into Steelers Nation.
Pathetic, yet hilarious (h/t DC Steeler Nation):
Some other stuff:
- Statistical look at both teams.
- The Jim over at Sportsocracy spotted Jackass alum Chris "Party Boy" Pontius wearing some Steelers gear in a WWE ring. We have to get this guy together with Jeff Reed, who is no favorite of Bengals fans.
- How will the Steelers finish? Cast your vote.
- Great find by Cotter, on what Amos Zeroue is up to these days ...
- Big Ben likes dogs.
- Steeler Fury scouting report.
- State of the Steelers address.
- Finally, that awesome Nike commercial with Troy and LT: