QUICK FINAL THOUGHTS ON SUNDAY:
- That picture above just about sums it up (thanks 5GR).
- And if that doesn't, this certainly will.
- Blogger Robert LIttal calls Hines Ward dirty and is promptly dissected by PSAMP.
- Even though it was a gorgeously violent and perfectly legal hit, even Ravens fans cannot contain their loathing of Hines Ward. (Thanks Nonstop Steelers)
- Peter King agrees Ward's hit wasn't dirty, and that Mewelde Moore is pretty rad.
- Watch the hit (and some others) in a tribute to Hines:
SCOUTING THE G-MEN:
Perhaps you remember this guy:
Oh yes. Him.
Football wise, having him on your team was the equivilent of dating a really hot girl who had incredible talent but a penchant for saying and doing so many stupid things, that you finally had to dump them. Well, despite the fact that both Plaxico and the Steelers being far better off without one another (see: Super Bowls XL, XLII), it would appear that he's up to old tricks again in New York.
The Giants say its not a distraction. We're not so sure. Because Plax was plenty annoying when he was here. But we are sure that he'll be warmly received when he steps on the Heinz Field turf for the first time since blowing more than a few big catches in this game. Not that we're still bitter or anything ... Nonetheless, the Giants will provide the Steelers with their stiffest test of the season to date.
- Giants season ticket holder and fan nonpareil (and my close pal) Brian from Franklin Lakes, N.J. says that Big Blue better get its act together or the Steelers will thump them. And Brandon Jacobs agrees.
- Read the chat transcript of Ed Bouchette's New York counterpart.
- Behind the Steel Curtain suggests the Steelers should victimize the Giants' Aaron Ross.
- Make Mike Tomlin smile! Pure magic from the mind of Jim Shearer.
- An excellent look at the correlations between ball distribution and sacks allowed vs. Steelers wins, put together by Behind the Steel Curtain.
- Yahoo's MIchael Silver stumping for Big Ben for MVP ( via Steez Bros)
- Nate Washington for Pro Bowl, because the squad needs more hi-top fades.
- The Draft Cowher movement gains steam in Big D ...
- Would you folks, give Limas Sweed a break, puh-leeeze ...