There's not a lot of out there to write about NHL-wise, so we'll just take the easy way out and post a YouTube clip. Here is the montage played prior to Game 3 of the Stanley Cup final at Mellon Arena:
GOING TO ARBITRATION
The NHLPA announced 15 players will take their teams to salary arbitration. They are:
- Sean Bergenheim, New York Islanders
- Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Minnesota Wild
- Jay Bouwmeester, Florida Panthers
- Valtteri Filppula, Detroit Red Wings
- Dan Fritsche, New York Rangers
- Marcel Goc, San Jose Sharks
- Ville Koistinen, Nashville Predators
- Brooks Laich, Washington Capitals
- Chad Larose, Carolina Hurricanes
- Jay McClement, St. Louis Blues
- Shaone Morrisonn, Washington Capitals
- Marek Svatos, Colorado Avalanche
- Stephane Veillaux, Minnesota Wild
- Antoine Vermette, Ottawa Senators
- Dennis Wideman, Boston Bruins
The hearings will be held July 20 through Aug. 4.
EMPTY NETTER ASSISTS
-Meet Matt Cooke.
-Even with the loss of Marian Hossa, the Penguins are still pretty darn good.
-Eric Duhatschek of the Toronto Globe and Mail takes a look at the wild first week of the free agency signing period.