"OMG! Is that ... the Jonas Brothers??!!"
If you're at a theater this weekend for "Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience," that might just be Kevin, Joe and Nick popping in to say hi.
The Jonas Brothers announced yesterday that they will be thanking some of their fans in person over the opening weekend of their new film. Starting Friday, the band of brothers will take off on their "Surprise Theater Invasion" tour, a cross-country, multi-city trip to surprise fans in theaters nationwide. No one's saying where the private jet carrying Kevin, Joe and Nick may land, only that they'll be moving from city to city, enabling them to reach fans in several cities in just a few days.
The film blends excerpts from the Brothers' "Burning Up" concert tour, including guest performances from Demi Lovato and Taylor Swift, with behind-the-scenes footage and includes the premiere of the song "Love Is On Its Way."
Fandango, the online ticket-seller, reports that dozens of show times for "Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience" are already sold out across the country, even though the movie doesn't open until Thursday night at midnight. According to an ongoing Fandango survey of nearly 5,000 moviegoers planning to see the film (as of this morning):
- 96% plan to see Jonas 3D this weekend;
- 57% of those "opening weekenders" plan to attend a midnight screening on Thursday night;
- 45% plan to take off time from school or work on Friday, Feb. 27, because of the movie;
- 72% are planning a get-together before or after the movie;
- 58% have previously seen the Jonas Brothers live in concert;
- 65% have previously seen High School Musical 3 on the big screen; 58% saw Hannah Montana 3D and 53% saw Twilight on the big screen;
- 96% of respondents are female;
- 76% of respondents are 17 or younger;
- 54% said Nick Jonas was the brother they'd most like to date.
Moviegoers buying advance tickets to Jonas 3D on Fandango are receiving a free download of the Jonas music video, "Tonight" (details of the promotion can be found at www.fandango.com/promo/jonasbrothers).